Sunday, December 11, 2011

A connoisseur of light and shadow

A connoisseur of light and shadow
Blowing golden winds upon the temple of pain
Finding your way through the throng of words
Picking out the spark of fire from the pouring rain

A strum of the harp, a chime of color
The glass between honestly and a facade
Blowing petals of hanging cherry blossoms
Telling tales of brittle ancient forests clad

In the sea of candles the one reflecting flame
Among the thousand blue clouds the one hiding the rays
Wearing a halo of aspirations in the presence of time
Revealing beauty locked in a bottle of May

Be the wave upon wave, Light reflecting light
The discerning line dividing the horizon, playing each part
Be the cook of each culture, flavor of each emotion
The veins of each petal, the history of each bark

A connoisseur of light and shadow
Playing each second, writing each name
Lighting the candles
Being the flame

Maria Yousuf

Dedicated to Stuck In Time

2 comments:

  1. I love it. You've written it soo well. I haven't read a poem better than this in a long time. I love it not because it said "Dedicated to Stuck In Time - Daniyal" at the end but because it sounds so well and it's just blends so well, in fact I didn't notice the last line until I read the whole poem a few times and then when I started writing a comment my eyes just stumbled upon that last line, I was like "OMG!" and I fell unconscious there.

    You just made my day. & Week. & Month. & Year.

    Thank You.

    ~From the Person Stuck In Time & Daniyal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Well Surprise then :)
    Your first present ^-^
    Overjoyed that you love it :D!

    And Thank You.
    You have always been generous with compliments ^-^

    ReplyDelete